Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rainy Day

It's been so rainy and coooold today! It actually feels like fall! I've just been snuggled up in my bed with Roo and my coffee reading The Catcher in the Rye all morning. I opened my bedroom window so it would be extra cold and so I could hear the rain better. I'm loving it! Now, Ruby is going stir crazy because she won't go outside, and she is about to drive me insane right along with her! Oh, the joys of a puppy...

Halloween came and went rather uneventfully. I had to work Halloween evening. My bestie and I made matching Care Bear costumes for only $10! I must say, I was pretty proud of the result.


I was Grumpy Bear and she was Bashful Heart Bear. We even put the little hearts on our bums!

Earlier in the day, I went to the Farmer's Market that is down the street from my house to get another pumpkin (I thought my other one needed a mate). I planned on carving those suckers, but it never happened, and for that, I am bummed.


I thought the white pumpkins were too neat. I wish I would have gone earlier in the season, so it would have been worth the money to buy one.


I think that this tree that is in front of the Market is my favorite tree in existence. I love how knotty and twisted it is. I like it best when it has no leaves.

I got off from work early enough to see my niece go trick-or-treating. She went as Dorothy, and it was precious! I wish I would've gotten a picture! She kept saying "What about Toto?" to all of the people that were handing out candy. That little girl really knew how to work the system!

After trick-or-treating, I was just too tired to do anything fun, so I just got in bed and read The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath. It was really good!

*Odd Confession*: I've wanted to read The Bell Jar ever since I saw 10 Things I Hate About You for the first time! 10 Things is one of my all time favorite movies, and Julia Stiles reads that book in the movie.

Well, I had a different post planned for today, but I suppose I will do that one later tonight. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment