Wednesday, October 20, 2010

As of Late

Today is my first day off after seven consecutive days of working, and it feels wonderful! I have so many plans for today, I hope I can fit it all in... Right now, I'm listening to Tom Waits on the new record player I got last week and drinking coffee with some amaazzzing pumpkin pie spice creamer in it. I feel like I have been neglecting this blog because I have just been so busy with work that it has pretty much drained me. There were a few things I was going to post about, but I couldn't find the energy, so now I am just going to jumble it all into one random post. Fun!

First off, last week I took my adorable niece to the park for a picnic!


I told her we could eat anything in the world that she wanted on our picnic, and of course, she chose McDonald's chicken nuggets. Haha! what is up with kids and McDonald's? I just don't get it. 


She colored in a Hello Kitty coloring book that i had on hand. What? I don't care if i am in my mid-twenties, I love Hello Kitty, and I still like to color. I read my book Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs, which I recently finished. Interesting...


After the picnic, we went over to the playground and played for about an hour. Fun times.


Uh oh, something came up. I'll finish this post very soon...

 Okay I'm back. I had a small family emergency, so this day did not go according to plan...at all. Oh well, I still got to take Miss Roo to the dog park, and I made some pretty incredible "faux"jitas for dinner. This was quite a feat beacuse I am in no way shape or form anything close to a cook.( I'm trying to change that.)

In other news, I did end up dyeing my hair red, but it was a home job ,and more subtle than I was hoping for. It's definitely red though. next time around I will make it a little more dramatic. Baby steps...

I went back to the state fair. The second time around I did not have one single bite of an exciting fried concoction, but I rode some rides including dun dun dunnnnnnn.....the ferris wheel!


Here's a picture of the view!


 This is a picture of the midway. I didn't take as many pictures the second time around...I kept forgetting.


Last, but certainly not least....I'm going to Portland next month!!!  I'm so so excited! I haven't been anywhere in a loooong time. My best friend and I are going, and we are going to be staying with a friend while we are there. I really think that Portland is the kind of city that I could eventually live in. It's going to be so fun!

I apologize for the randomness of this post, but I just wanted to fit it all in!

Oh, and Ruby Roo says Hi.


Hahah! This is post-bath, so she isn't a very happy little lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment